Dionne: Generic Officer??

Start your Rebel Commander Wips here

Moderator: DCO

dionneashleigh
Name: Dionne
2020 Troops:: 0

Dionne: Generic Officer??

Post by dionneashleigh » Mon May 07, 2018 4:39 pm

I wasn’t really sure where to post this, but as a newbie. What costume do you suggest doing for someone with beginner knowledge? I was thinking maybe a generic officer?

tenebris
Base Membership Officer, Detachment CO
Name: empathy gray
Total Troops: 6
501st Number: 70969
MMCC Name:: Tenebris

Re: Dionne: Generic Officer??

Post by tenebris » Mon May 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello lovely

you have lots of options for generic officers from different films, here is the link to all the officer standards. If you find one you like we can work out how to do it. Will you be making it yourself? As there are a few different patterns that can be altered. :)

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=181

dionneashleigh
Name: Dionne

Post by dionneashleigh » Mon May 07, 2018 5:03 pm

tenebris wrote:Hello lovely

you have lots of options for generic officers from different films, here is the link to all the officer standards. If you find one you like we can work out how to do it. Will you be making it yourself? As there are a few different patterns that can be altered. :)

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=181
Thank you for this! I was looking at the resistance officers with the yellow vest, or the junior controller. But I’m not sure which patterns are available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenebris
Base Membership Officer, Detachment CO
Name: empathy gray
Total Troops: 6
501st Number: 70969
MMCC Name:: Tenebris

Post by tenebris » Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 pm

I've just made the yellow vest officer, you have multiple choice with some parts like boots and trousers as you will see in the standards. Mine is a TFA one, the colours for the TLJ vest are a bit darker and there's no standards yet. The shirt for both the vest officer and controller are the same. I drafted mine, but the closest patterns I found for mod'ing are these:

Vested officer

Vest: vintage butterick pattern, number 3974, I'd use F. It has front bust darts in, which i think would be ok and you would need to add the back shaping seams and increase the center front so it overlaps. The pockets also need to be one piece.
Fabric: needs to be wool or wool like, I struggled to find it so I dyed mine, dying instructions are on my WIP. If you find anything perfect let me know so I can link it to help others.

Shirt: vintage simplicity pattern number 7497, extend cuffs and add a little more at shoulder and honestly i think that would be it.

Fabric: calico lightweight or a light cotton with a tiny bit of texture, again I dyed mine, let me know if you find anything.

Trousers, mid-high waist trousers, semi fitted. There are loads off the top of my head McCalls m6901 or Simplicity 1696
Fabric-brown twill or brown gaberdine.

Junior controller

Again I drafted all of mine, the lovely instarlight in the USA suggested using McCalls M7547 option b. Then you need to add a back yoke, central back belt loop and bring the front pockets up the waistband and into the top waistband seam. Then you need the knee pads.

Fabric: Twill

For the vest ill have a look and see what I can find that might help pattern wise. Fabric for that is light calico dyed or cotton. With wadding.

Shirt is the same as the vest officer.

Here's my WIP were I explain the dying times I used etc.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=356

Remember you need to follow the standards for all the bits of the costume. If you need help with anything let me know.

Return to “Rebel Commanders Work in Progress”